Tuesday, October 20, 2009

You can exercise anywhere

Tried Mummy/baby yoga of couple times when my daughter was first born. Was ineffective due to baby who cried every time I put her on the floor in order to achieve bliss, harmony and downward dog. Felt ashamed when had to feed my baby from bottle due to low milk supply. A particularly daunting act in organic yoga environment. Gave up. The $15 class cost was better spent on latte and cake or cheap manicure at Vietnamese nail salon.

Morning exercise Mum is more a buff Madonna-esque type, taking her toddlers to the playground every morning while she uses the equipment like a gym circuit. Today I watched her from my daughter's bedroom window. Had a particularly self-satisfied chuckle as she did squats on the pretend surfboard. Her children, however, avoid the play equipment at all cost. Probably think it's for grown ups only. Reminds me of this book I once owned called, I can exercise any where. Had particularly handy hints for how to burn calories while standing in queue at the Supermarket. Must try and dig that one up.

No comments:

Post a Comment